Thursday, October 31, 2019
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT ALLOW • IT'S PRIDE DAY EVERYDAY AT JMS ~ LET'S SHOW OUR JAGUAR PRIDE! •
Remember ~ You are in charge of the choices that you make. Your day is what you make it. Let’s make it a great one!
WEEK 11: 10/28-11/01/2019 Social Awareness Skills:
I can identify ways to motivate myself to achieve my goals.
At JMS, we follow and enforce the District Dress Code Policy. Therefore, “hats, caps, bandannas, sweatbands, sunglasses, pajama pants, slippers, or shoes with wheels attached to the bottom shall not be worn in the buildings.”
In addition, jackets, sweatshirts, & hoodies should not be worn around the waist. Hoodies and jackets are not allowed in the classroom. Sweaters must be a solid color with no zippers or hoods. Layered shirts under your polo must be a solid color.
All personal grooming items should be kept in your locker. This includes combs, brushes, picks, cologne, lotion, lip gloss, glitter, sprays, etc. Purses and bookbags may not be carried to classrooms.
You may access your locker before school, before lunch, after lunch, and after school. You should not share your locker or your locker combination with anyone. Keep your locker locked and not set to open!
- Students are to bring their binder and school supplies to all of their classes.
- Remember to use Voice Level One during passing time.
- Get all of your forms signed and returned — classroom management forms & AUPs!
- Always carry your planner to class and fill it out completely.
- If it's not your lip gloss, you should not be touching it! If you are taking someone's lip gloss and stomping on it to make it explode, there will be consequences.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎂
Aaron E. — Keyon D. — Andre R.!
Note: You are now in middle school where we do not wear birthday sashes, crowns, tiaras, headbands, pins, etc. Please do not bring treats to school.
Main Entrée: Oven Roasted Chicken with a Roll OR Meatball Sub
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Cinnamon Roll
Boys go outside first. Girls go to the cafeteria first.
NO GUM IN THE CAFETERIA!
- Form 2 single-file lines.
- Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
- Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
- Fill up each table.
- Admin will dismiss you by tables when it’s time to throw away your trash and go outside.
- Clean up after yourself and push in your chair.
No food or drinks may be taken out of the cafeteria. You may not eat or drink in the halls or the classrooms.
You should NOT be hanging out in the halls or in the bathrooms. Go directly to lunch! BOYS go directly outside via the boiler room doors. GIRLS go directly to the cafeteria.
It is extremely important for you to be in attendance at school every day school is in session. The grade level with the highest attendance percentage at the end of the month will win a dress down day.
- 6th Grade - 93.42%
- 7th Grade - 92.25%
- 8th Grade - 92.46%
21ST CENTURY AFTER-SCHOOL PROGRAM
21st Century after-school program has started. If you would like to join, packets can be found in the Jaguar News and from Ms. Coleman in the main lobby. All packets must be filled out completely and returned to one of the offices or to Ms. Coleman.
After you turn in your packet, you will receive notification from the Springfield Urban League on when you may begin attending the program.
PUMPED UP PRIDE CARD PULLS
Congratulations to our Pumped Up PRIDE winners! You will be contacted by the sponsoring teacher with instructions on how to collect your prize.
- The winner of the Hot Food Basket from Mrs. Mayfield is Miykayla B.
- The winner of the Movie Basket from Ms. Moore is Daniel T.
- The winner of the Movie Prize from Ms. Ladage & Mrs. Constant is Honesty L.
- The winners of a Starbucks drink from Mrs. Pyle are Jade W., Makayla Y., & Devin N.-M.
- The winnners of the 7th grade Pizza Party from Mrs. Horstman are Maddy A., Lyric M., & Te'Mya F.
- The winners of Game Time with WEB Leaders are Arianna L., Aurelia R., Keyon D., Neveha A., Karliegha P., & Collin H.
- The winners of Lunch from Arby's from Mrs. Goss-Rodgers are Chardae H., Chasity P., & Takiyah F.
- The winners of Hot Chips & Sour Candy from Mrs. Riggins areHeaven L., Aurelia R., & Passion H.
- The winner of the VSCO Package from Mrs. Mills is Darrick H.
- The winner of the Phoenix Center Drawstring Bag from Dr. Hoffman is Bailey C.-W.!
- The winners of Lunch from McDonald's from Mrs. Staab are Neveah C., Ivan C., & Colin H.!
- The winner of Hot Fries with a Soda from Mr. White is Rayniya H.
We will announce more winners each morning this week!
Orders for personalized headbands can be found in the Jaguar News. These headbands cannot be worn at school unless it is a special day designated by admin.
Headband wording must be school appropriate and is limited to one word only. All headbands cost $10 each.
All order forms and money are due today to the main office. Delivered is scheduled for Friday, November 8th.
If you have finished selling for the Fall Fundraiser, you may turn in your orders and money to Ms. Jones in the main office. The last day to turn in is today.
UNITED WAY CAMPAIGN
Our United Way Campaign continues! Today you may guess the number of candies in the jar for 50¢ per guess or 3 guesses for $1 on Wednesday & Thursday.
Be sure to check out the posters in the hall for more information on planned activities.
If you are a Gold Level member and would like to play in Friday's staff vs. students basketball games, please enter your name in the drawing in the cafeteria.
Thursday will be wear a hat/cap OR Halloween shirt for $1 day. You must wear the hat/cap appropriately. You may only wear a Halloween shirt with your uniform bottoms. No full costumes, masks, or makeup are allowed.
Friday is our United Way assembly day. Students may dress down for $1. Students may also choose to attend the assembly for an additional $1 and watch the staff vs. student basketball games.
DONUTS WITH DAD
Friday is Donuts with Dad at 7:30AM in the gym. Please return your reservation as soon as possible.
FALL ACADEMIC ESCAPE ROOM NIGHT
Thursday, November 7th is our Fall Academic Escape Room Night from 6-7:30PM. Please return your reservation as soon as possible.
JAZZ BAND PRACTICE
JMS Jazz Band will have practice today after school from 2:30-4:15PM in room 122.
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first and ATHLETES second!
All students who plan on going out for a sport this year at JMS must have an updated physical. Please get your physical now so you are allowed to participate & practice.
• Cross Country -
• 7/8 Grade Girls' Basketball -
• 8 Grade Girls' Basetball -
• 6 Grade Girls' Basketball -
• Cheer Squad - Practice from 4-6PM.
• 6 Grade Boys' Basketball -
• 7/8 Grade Boys' Basketball -
PRIDE ~ We are ......
We show Jaguar PRIDE!