Friday, November 1, 2019
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT ALLOW • IT'S PRIDE DAY EVERYDAY AT JMS ~ LET'S SHOW OUR JAGUAR PRIDE! •
Remember ~ You are in charge of the choices that you make. Your day is what you make it. Let’s make it a great one!
WEEK 11: 10/28-11/01/2019 Social Awareness Skills:
I can identify ways to motivate myself to achieve my goals.
At JMS, we follow and enforce the District Dress Code Policy. Therefore, “hats, caps, bandannas, sweatbands, sunglasses, pajama pants, slippers, or shoes with wheels attached to the bottom shall not be worn in the buildings.”
In addition, jackets, sweatshirts, & hoodies should not be worn around the waist. Hoodies and jackets are not allowed in the classroom. Sweaters must be a solid color with no zippers or hoods. Layered shirts under your polo must be a solid color.
All personal grooming items should be kept in your locker. This includes combs, brushes, picks, cologne, lotion, lip gloss, glitter, sprays, etc. Purses and bookbags may not be carried to classrooms.
You may access your locker before school, before lunch, after lunch, and after school. You should not share your locker or your locker combination with anyone. Keep your locker locked and not set to open!
- Students are to bring their binder and school supplies to all of their classes.
- Remember to use Voice Level One during passing time.
- Get all of your forms signed and returned — classroom management forms & AUPs!
- Always carry your planner to class and fill it out completely.
- If it's not your lip gloss, you should not be touching it! If you are taking someone's lip gloss and stomping on it to make it explode, there will be consequences.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎂
Kyra C. — Tiyona F.!
Note: You are now in middle school where we do not wear birthday sashes, crowns, tiaras, headbands, pins, etc. Please do not bring treats to school.
Main Entrée: Honey BBQ Pork Rib on a Bun OR Fish Sandwich
Monday's Breakfast: Sausage on a Biscuit
Boys go outside first. Girls go to the cafeteria first.
NO GUM IN THE CAFETERIA!
- Form 2 single-file lines.
- Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
- Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
- Fill up each table.
- Admin will dismiss you by tables when it’s time to throw away your trash and go outside.
- Clean up after yourself and push in your chair.
No food or drinks may be taken out of the cafeteria. You may not eat or drink in the halls or the classrooms.
You should NOT be hanging out in the halls or in the bathrooms. Go directly to lunch! BOYS go directly outside via the boiler room doors. GIRLS go directly to the cafeteria.
It is extremely important for you to be in attendance at school every day school is in session. The grade level with the highest attendance percentage at the end of the month will win a dress down day.
- 6th Grade - 93.42%
- 7th Grade - 92.25%
- 8th Grade - 92.46%
21ST CENTURY AFTER-SCHOOL PROGRAM
21st Century after-school program has started. If you would like to join, packets can be found in the Jaguar News and from Ms. Coleman in the main lobby. All packets must be filled out completely and returned to one of the offices or to Ms. Coleman.
After you turn in your packet, you will receive notification from the Springfield Urban League on when you may begin attending the program.
PUMPED UP PRIDE CARD PULLS
Congratulations to our Pumped Up PRIDE winners! You will be contacted by the sponsoring teacher with instructions on how to collect your prize.
- The winner of the Hot Food Basket from Mrs. Mayfield is Miykayla B.
- The winner of the Movie Basket from Ms. Moore is Daniel T.
- The winner of the Movie Prize from Ms. Ladage & Mrs. Constant is Honesty L.
- The winners of a Starbucks drink from Mrs. Pyle are Jade W., Makayla Y., & Devin N.-M.
- The winnners of the 7th grade Pizza Party from Mrs. Horstman are Maddy A., Lyric M., & Te'Mya F.
- The winners of Game Time with WEB Leaders are Arianna L., Aurelia R., Keyon D., Neveha A., Karliegha P., & Collin H.
- The winners of Lunch from Arby's from Mrs. Goss-Rodgers are Chardae H., Chasity P., & Takiyah F.
- The winners of Hot Chips & Sour Candy from Mrs. Riggins areHeaven L., Aurelia R., & Passion H.
- The winner of the VSCO Package from Mrs. Mills is Darrick H.
- The winner of the Phoenix Center Drawstring Bag from Dr. Hoffman is Bailey C.-W.!
- The winners of Lunch from McDonald's from Mrs. Staab are Neveah C., Ivan C., & Colin H.!
- The winner of Hot Fries with a Soda from Mr. White is Rayniya H.!
- The winners of a Starbucks Gift Card from Mrs. Franklin are Liam T., Jane B., & Aaliya W.!
- The winners of JMS Gear from Mrs. Holderead are Brayden M., Kendra M., & Brayden Y.!
- The winner of a Skateland Pass from Deputy Smitty is Zamarion H.!
We will announce more winners each morning this week!
UNITED WAY CAMPAIGN
Our United Way Campaign continues!
Today is our United Way assembly day. Students may dress down for $1. Students may also choose to attend the assembly for an additional $1 and watch the staff vs. student basketball games.
FALL ACADEMIC ESCAPE ROOM NIGHT
Thursday, November 7th is our Fall Academic Escape Room Night from 6-7:30PM. Please return your reservation as soon as possible.
There will be an informational meeting on Monday after school from 2:30-4:PM in room 123A. If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Flanagan or Mrs. Goss-Rodgers.
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first and ATHLETES second!
All students who plan on going out for a sport this year at JMS must have an updated physical. Please get your physical now so you are allowed to participate & practice.
• Cross Country -
• 7/8 Grade Girls' Basketball - Practice today from 2:30-4:15PM.
• 8 Grade Girls' Basetball -
• 6 Grade Girls' Basketball -
• Cheer Squad -
• 6 Grade Boys' Basketball - Practice today from 4:15-5:15PM. Games Saturday at JMS vs LMS-BC beginning at 8AM.
• 7/8 Grade Boys' Basketball - Practice tonight from 5:15-7PM.
PRIDE ~ We are ......
We show Jaguar PRIDE!