Monday, November 4, 2019
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT ALLOW • IT'S PRIDE DAY EVERYDAY AT JMS ~ LET'S SHOW OUR JAGUAR PRIDE! •
Remember ~ You are in charge of the choices that you make. Your day is what you make it. Let’s make it a great one!
WEEK 12: 11/04-11/08/2019 Social Awareness Skills:
I will respect all opinions and feelings during the discussion today.
At JMS, we follow and enforce the District Dress Code Policy. Therefore, “hats, caps, bandannas, sweatbands, sunglasses, pajama pants, slippers, or shoes with wheels attached to the bottom shall not be worn in the buildings.”
In addition, jackets, sweatshirts, & hoodies should not be worn around the waist. Hoodies and jackets are not allowed in the classroom. Sweaters must be a solid color with no zippers or hoods. Layered shirts under your polo must be a solid color.
All personal grooming items should be kept in your locker. This includes combs, brushes, picks, cologne, lotion, lip gloss, glitter, sprays, etc. Purses and bookbags may not be carried to classrooms.
You may access your locker before school, before lunch, after lunch, and after school. You should not share your locker or your locker combination with anyone. Keep your locker locked and not set to open!
- Students are to bring their binder and school supplies to all of their classes.
- Remember to use Voice Level One during passing time.
- Get all of your forms signed and returned — classroom management forms & AUPs!
- Always carry your planner to class and fill it out completely.
- If it's not your lip gloss, you should not be touching it! If you are taking someone's lip gloss and stomping on it to make it explode, there will be consequences.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎂
Note: You are now in middle school where we do not wear birthday sashes, crowns, tiaras, headbands, pins, etc. Please do not bring treats to school.
Main Entrée: Pepperoni Flatbread Pizza OR Buffalo Chicken Wrap
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Egg & Cheese Bosco Stick
Boys go outside first. Girls go to the cafeteria first.
NO GUM IN THE CAFETERIA!
- Form 2 single-file lines.
- Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
- Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
- Fill up each table.
- Admin will dismiss you by tables when it’s time to throw away your trash and go outside.
- Clean up after yourself and push in your chair.
No food or drinks may be taken out of the cafeteria. You may not eat or drink in the halls or the classrooms.
You should NOT be hanging out in the halls or in the bathrooms. Go directly to lunch! BOYS go directly outside via the boiler room doors. GIRLS go directly to the cafeteria.
It is extremely important for you to be in attendance at school every day school is in session. The grade level with the highest attendance percentage at the end of the month will win a dress down day.
- 6th Grade - 91.28%
- 7th Grade - 90.42%
- 8th Grade - 90.74%
Congratulations to our 6th graders — you will be allowed to come to school on Friday out of uniform! You must follow the District Dress Code Policy.
21ST CENTURY AFTER-SCHOOL PROGRAM
21st Century after-school program has started. If you would like to join, packets can be found in the Jaguar News and from Ms. Coleman in the main lobby. All packets must be filled out completely and returned to one of the offices or to Ms. Coleman.
After you turn in your packet, you will receive notification from the Springfield Urban League on when you may begin attending the program.
PUMPED UP PRIDE CARD PULLS
Congratulations to our Pumped Up PRIDE winners! You will be contacted by the sponsoring teacher with instructions on how to collect your prize.
- The winner of the Hot Food Basket from Mrs. Mayfield is Miykayla B.
- The winner of the Movie Basket from Ms. Moore is Daniel T.
- The winner of the Movie Prize from Ms. Ladage & Mrs. Constant is Honesty L.
- The winners of a Starbucks drink from Mrs. Pyle are Jade W., Makayla Y., & Devin N.-M.
- The winnners of the 7th grade Pizza Party from Mrs. Horstman are Maddy A., Lyric M., & Te'Mya F.
- The winners of Game Time with WEB Leaders are Arianna L., Aurelia R., Keyon D., Neveha A., Karliegha P., & Collin H.
- The winners of Lunch from Arby's from Mrs. Goss-Rodgers are Chardae H., Chasity P., & Takiyah F.
- The winners of Hot Chips & Sour Candy from Mrs. Riggins areHeaven L., Aurelia R., & Passion H.
- The winner of the VSCO Package from Mrs. Mills is Darrick H.
- The winner of the Phoenix Center Drawstring Bag from Dr. Hoffman is Bailey C.-W.!
- The winners of Lunch from McDonald's from Mrs. Staab are Neveah C., Ivan C., & Colin H.!
- The winner of Hot Fries with a Soda from Mr. White is Rayniya H.!
- The winners of a Starbucks Gift Card from Mrs. Franklin are Liam T., Jane B., & Aaliya W.!
- The winners of JMS Gear from Mrs. Holderead are Brayden M., Kendra M., & Brayden Y.!
- The winner of a Skateland Pass from Deputy Smitty is Zamarion H.!
We will announce more winners each morning this week!
UNITED WAY CAMPAIGN - CANDY CONTEST
Congratulations to Brayden Y. on guessing the closest for the jar of candy. There were 1836 pieces of candy and Brayden's guess of 2164 was the closest.
FALL ACADEMIC ESCAPE ROOM NIGHT
Thursday is our Fall Academic Escape Room Night from 6-7:30PM. Please return your reservation as soon as possible.
There will be an informational meeting today after school from 2:30-4:PM in room 123A. If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Flanagan or Mrs. Goss-Rodgers.
Congratulations to the following 19 advisory classe on receiving no referrals for 10 days! You will be rewarded with a free dress down day tomorrow.
- Mrs. Flanagan/Mr.Stratton
- Mr. C. Sutton
- Ms. Chavours
- Mr. Gephart
- Ms. Swaggerty
- Mr. Garman
- Mr. Hamilton
- Mr. Marino
- Mrs. Furkin
- Mrs. Fleming
- Mrs. Beebe
- Mr. White
- Mrs. Horstman
- Ms. Grace
- Mr. B. Sutton
- Mrs. Gordon
- Ms. Thomas
- Mr. Cruthis
- Mr. D.
The JMS Bookmark Contest is going on right now! Please go to the library and pick up a rules sheet and your official bookmark. You will be turning in between now and the end of the day Friday.
There will be a prize for the Grand Prize winning and candy for the 2nd and 3rd place winners. If you enter the contest, your bookmark will be displayed in the library for everyone to see.
Yearbooks are on sale! Don't forget to order your 2019-2020 yearbook! Order forms can be picked up from the Jaguar News in the main lobby, from Ms. Sponsler in room 124A, or from Mrs. Goss-Rodgers in room 123A.
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first and ATHLETES second!
All students who plan on going out for a sport this year at JMS must have an updated physical. Please get your physical now so you are allowed to participate & practice.
• Cross Country -
• 7/8 Grade Girls' Basketball - Practice today from 2:30-4:15PM.
• 8 Grade Girls' Basetball -
• 6 Grade Girls' Basketball -
• Cheer Squad -
• 6 Grade Boys' Basketball - Practice today from 4:15-5:15PM.
• 7/8 Grade Boys' Basketball - 7th & 8th grade will participate in the Glenwood MS Round Robin Tournamnet. 8th grade plays at 5:30PM & 7th plays at 6:45PM. The team bus will leave JMS at 4:30PM.
PRIDE ~ We are ......
We show Jaguar PRIDE!