Wednesday, November 13, 2019
• INSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK • IT'S PRIDE DAY EVERYDAY AT JMS ~ LET'S SHOW OUR JAGUAR PRIDE! • 1:30PM DISMISSAL TODAY •
Remember ~ You are in charge of the choices that you make. Your day is what you make it. Let’s make it a great one!
WEEK 13: 11/12-11/15/2019 Relationship Skills:
I will acknowledge that I am listening by asking open ended questions.
At JMS, we follow and enforce the District Dress Code Policy. Therefore, “hats, caps, bandannas, sweatbands, sunglasses, pajama pants, slippers, or shoes with wheels attached to the bottom shall not be worn in the buildings.”
In addition, jackets, sweatshirts, & hoodies should not be worn around the waist. Hoodies and jackets are not allowed in the classroom. Sweaters must be a solid color with no zippers or hoods. Layered shirts under your polo must be a solid color.
All personal grooming items should be kept in your locker. This includes combs, brushes, picks, cologne, lotion, lip gloss, glitter, sprays, etc. Purses and bookbags may not be carried to classrooms.
You may access your locker before school, before lunch, after lunch, and after school. You should not share your locker or your locker combination with anyone. Keep your locker locked and not set to open!
- Students are to bring their binder and school supplies to all of their classes.
- Remember to use Voice Level One during passing time.
- Get all of your forms signed and returned — classroom management forms & AUPs!
- Always carry your planner to class and fill it out completely.
- If it's not your lip gloss, you should not be touching it! If you are taking someone's lip gloss and stomping on it to make it explode, there will be consequences.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎂
Note: You are now in middle school where we do not wear birthday sashes, crowns, tiaras, headbands, pins, etc. Please do not bring treats to school.
Main Entrée: Orange Chicken with Rice & a Breadstick OR Hot Ham & Cheese on a Bun
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Egg & Cheese on a Biscuit
Boys go outside first. Girls go to the cafeteria first.
NO GUM IN THE CAFETERIA!
- Form 2 single-file lines.
- Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
- Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
- Fill up each table.
- Admin will dismiss you by tables when it’s time to throw away your trash and go outside.
- Clean up after yourself and push in your chair.
No food or drinks may be taken out of the cafeteria. You may not eat or drink in the halls or the classrooms.
You should NOT be hanging out in the halls or in the bathrooms. Go directly to lunch! BOYS go directly outside via the boiler room doors. GIRLS go directly to the cafeteria.
It is extremely important for you to be in attendance at school every day school is in session. The grade level with the highest attendance percentage at the end of the month will win a dress down day.
CURRENT STANDINGS FOR NOVEMBER:
- 6th grade - 96.88%
- 7th grade - 96.62%
- 8th grade - 96.29%
21ST CENTURY AFTER-SCHOOL PROGRAM
21st Century after-school program has started. If you would like to join, packets can be found in the Jaguar News and from Ms. Coleman in the main lobby. All packets must be filled out completely and returned to one of the offices or to Ms. Coleman.
After you turn in your packet, you will receive notification from the Springfield Urban League on when you may begin attending the program.
PUMPED UP PRIDE CARD PULLS
Pumped up PRIDE is back!!! Be sure to use your PRIDE cards to bid on your favorite items.
Yearbooks are on sale! Don't forget to order your 2019-2020 yearbook! Order forms can be picked up from the Jaguar News in the main lobby, from Ms. Sponsler in room 124A, or from Mrs. Goss-Rodgers in room 123A.
GOLD LEVEL DRESS DOWN DAY
There will be a dress down day on Friday for all Gold Level students. You will do a grade check tomorrow in advisory and will be notified of your level. You will fill out a half-sheet with your level information and take it home to your parents. Parents will receive a call tomorrow evening with more information.
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first and ATHLETES second!
All students who plan on going out for a sport this year at JMS must have an updated physical. Please get your physical now so you are allowed to participate & practice.
• Cross Country -
• 7/8 Grade Girls' Basketball - AWAY games today against Decatur Robertson. 7th grade game begins at 6PM. The team bus will leave JMS at 4:30PM. Go home after school and return by 4:30PM.
• 8 Grade Girls' Basketball -
• 6 Grade Girls' Basketball -
• Cheer Squad -
• 6 Grade Boys' Basketball - Practice today from 4-5:15PM. Go home after school and return at practice time.
• 7/8 Grade Boys' Basketball - Practice today from 1:30-4PM.
We show Jaguar PRIDE!