Wednesday, November 27, 2019
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT ALLOW • IT'S PRIDE DAY EVERYDAY AT JMS ~ LET'S SHOW OUR JAGUAR PRIDE! • NO AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITIES TODAY • NO AFTER SCHOOL PRACTICES TODAY • NO ACTIVITY BUSES TODAY •
Remember ~ You are in charge of the choices that you make. Your day is what you make it. Let’s make it a great one!
WEEK 15: 11/25-11/27/2019 Self-Awareness Skills
I will find something to look forward to every day.
At JMS, we follow and enforce the District Dress Code Policy. Therefore, “hats, caps, bandannas, sweatbands, sunglasses, pajama pants, slippers, or shoes with wheels attached to the bottom shall not be worn in the buildings.”
In addition, jackets, sweatshirts, & hoodies should not be worn around the waist. Hoodies and jackets are not allowed in the classroom. Sweaters must be a solid color with no zippers or hoods. Layered shirts under your polo must be a solid color.
All personal grooming items should be kept in your locker. This includes combs, brushes, picks, cologne, lotion, lip gloss, glitter, sprays, etc. Purses and bookbags may not be carried to classrooms.
You may access your locker before school, before lunch, after lunch, and after school. You should not share your locker or your locker combination with anyone. Keep your locker locked and not set to open!
- Students are to bring their binder and school supplies to all of their classes.
- Remember to use Voice Level One during passing time.
- Get all of your forms signed and returned — classroom management forms & AUPs!
- Always carry your planner to class and fill it out completely.
- If it's not your lip gloss, you should not be touching it! If you are taking someone's lip gloss and stomping on it to make it explode, there will be consequences.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎂
Kierra B. — Chelsey H. — Antwone P. — Emma S.!
Note: You are now in middle school where we do not wear birthday sashes, crowns, tiaras, headbands, pins, etc. Please do not bring treats to school.
Main Entrée: Galaxy Cheese Pizza OR Meatball Sub Sandwich
Monday's Breakfast: Sausage on a Biscuit
Boys go outside first. Girls go to the cafeteria first.
NO GUM IN THE CAFETERIA!
- Form 2 single-file lines.
- Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
- Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
- Fill up each table.
- Admin will dismiss you by tables when it’s time to throw away your trash and go outside.
- Clean up after yourself and push in your chair.
No food or drinks may be taken out of the cafeteria. You may not eat or drink in the halls or the classrooms.
You should NOT be hanging out in the halls or in the bathrooms. Go directly to lunch! BOYS go directly outside via the boiler room doors. GIRLS go directly to the cafeteria.
It is extremely important for you to be in attendance at school every day school is in session. The grade level with the highest attendance percentage at the end of the month will win a dress down day.
CURRENT STANDINGS FOR NOVEMBER:
- 6th grade - 90.99%
- 7th grade - 90.75%
- 8th grade - 89.25%
21ST CENTURY AFTER-SCHOOL PROGRAM
No 21st Century today!
FALL PICTURE RE-TAKE DAY
Wednesday, December 4th will be picture re-take day. Pictures will only be taken of students who did not have their picture taken on picture day and for students who have money to pay for a package.
Students will be allowed to change into any shirt they choose to wear for their picture. After taking their picture they must change back into their uniform shirt.
HIGH SCHOOL 101
All 8th graders and their parents are invited to attend High School 101 on Thursday, December 5th from 5:30-6:30PM in the JMS gym. Representatives from all three high schools will be presenting. Come and learn about credits and how they work as well as how grades affect classes you're able to access in high school and in college. You will also learn about the requirements for: freshman year, driver's education, athletic eligibility and requirement, and graduation.
Yearbooks are on sale! Don't forget to order your 2019-2020 yearbook! Order forms can be picked up from the Jaguar News in the main lobby, from Ms. Sponsler in room 124A, or from Mrs. Goss-Rodgers in room 123A.
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first and ATHLETES second!
All students who plan on going out for a sport this year at JMS must have an updated physical. Please get your physical now so you are allowed to participate & practice.
• 8 Grade Girls' Basketball - Regional Tournament game at Taylorville on Monday vs WMS at 4PM
• Cheer Squad -
• 6 Grade Boys' Basketball -
• 7/8 Grade Boys' Basketball -
• 7/8 Grade Girls' Volleyball - NOW SCHEDULED FOR NEXT WEEK! 7th grade girls' tryouts Monday, December 2nd from 4:30-6:30PM. 8th grade girls' tryouts Tuesday, December 3rd from 4:30-6:30PM. Please see Ms. Toni in the Discipline office [room 110] for the sign up sheet.
We show Jaguar PRIDE!