Monday, January 6, 2020
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT ALLOW • IT'S PRIDE DAY EVERYDAY AT JMS ~ LET'S SHOW OUR JAGUAR PRIDE! • NO 21ST CENTURY AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM TODAY •
Remember ~ You are in charge of the choices that you make. Your day is what you make it. Let’s make it a great one!
WEEK 20: 01/06-01/10//2020 Self Awareness Skills
I will use my words to ask for help when I need it.
At JMS, we follow and enforce the District Dress Code Policy. Therefore, “hats, caps, bandannas, sweatbands, sunglasses, pajama pants, slippers, or shoes with wheels attached to the bottom shall not be worn in the buildings.”
In addition, jackets, sweatshirts, & hoodies should not be worn around the waist. Hoodies and jackets are not allowed in the classroom. Sweaters must be a solid color with no zippers or hoods. Layered shirts under your polo must be a solid color.
All personal grooming items should be kept in your locker. This includes combs, brushes, picks, cologne, lotion, lip gloss, glitter, sprays, etc. Purses and bookbags may not be carried to classrooms.
You may access your locker before school, before lunch, after lunch, and after school. You should not share your locker or your locker combination with anyone. Keep your locker locked and not set to open!
- Students are to bring their binder and school supplies to all of their classes.
- Remember to use Voice Level One during passing time.
- Get all of your forms signed and returned — classroom management forms & AUPs!
- Always carry your planner to class and fill it out completely.
- If it's not your lip gloss, you should not be touching it! If you are taking someone's lip gloss and stomping on it to make it explode, there will be consequences.
NEW ENTRANCE PROCEDURE
As always, students will be lining up outside or in the gym prior to the start time for school. You will now enter the building at 7:55AM instead of 7:50AM. Once inside, you must go directly to your locker and then move quickly to your classroom. If you do not pick up your SBC sheet in the cafeteria during breakfast, you may get one from your teacher.
Once your are in the classroom, you are in the classroom. You will not be allowed to leave the classroom.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎂
No Jaguar Birthdays Today
Note: You are now in middle school where we do not wear birthday sashes, crowns, tiaras, headbands, pins, etc. Please do not bring treats to school.
Main Entrée: BBQ Pork Rib on a Bun OR Sicilian Turkey Sub Sandwich
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Sausage & Egg Breakfast Taco
Girls go outside first. Boys go to the cafeteria first.
NO GUM IN THE CAFETERIA!
- Form 2 single-file lines.
- Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
- Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
- Fill up each table.
- Admin will dismiss you by tables when it’s time to throw away your trash and go outside.
- Clean up after yourself and push in your chair.
No food or drinks may be taken out of the cafeteria. You may not eat or drink in the halls or the classrooms.
You should NOT be hanging out in the halls or in the bathrooms. Go directly to lunch! GIRLS go directly outside via the boiler room doors. BOYS go directly to the cafeteria.
9TH GRADE HIGH SCHOOL PREVIEW NIGHT
Wednesday, January 8th from 6-7:30PM, all current 8th graders are invited to attend High School Preview Night at their home school. Come learn all about what to expect this fall!
It is extremely important for you to be in attendance at school every day school is in session. The grade level with the highest attendance percentage at the end of the month will win a dress down day.
Yearbooks are on sale! Don't forget to order your 2019-2020 yearbook! Order forms can be picked up from the Jaguar News in the main lobby, from Ms. Sponsler in room 124A, or from Mrs. Goss-Rodgers in room 123A.
Scholastic Bowl will have practice today after school from 2:30-4PM in room 123A. See Mrs. Flanagan or Mrs. Goss-Rodgers if you have any questions.
JAGUAR JAZZ BAND
There is NO jazz band practice this week. Practice will resume next week on Tuesday after school. We need a trumpet player and a trombone player. If you are interested in joining the jazz band, please see Mr. D or simply show up for practice next week.
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first and ATHLETES second!
All students who plan on going out for a sport this year at JMS must have an updated physical. Please get your physical now so you are allowed to participate & practice.
• Cheer Squad -
• 7/8 Grade Boys' Basketball - AWAY games today at FMS. 7th grade game begins at 3:30PM. Team bus will leave JMS at 2:30PM.
• 6 Grade Girls' Volleyball -
• 7/8 Grade Girls' Volleyball - Practice today from 5-6:30PM.
We show Jaguar PRIDE!