Thursday, February 20, 2020
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT ALLOW • IT'S PRIDE DAY EVERYDAY AT JMS ~ LET'S SHOW OUR JAGUAR PRIDE! •
Remember ~ You are in charge of the choices that you make. Your day is what you make it. Let’s make it a great one!
WEEK 26: 02/18-02/21/2020 Social Awareness Skills
I will take notice of other's feelings.
At JMS, we follow and enforce the District Dress Code Policy. Therefore, “hats, caps, bandannas, sweatbands, sunglasses, pajama pants, slippers, or shoes with wheels attached to the bottom shall not be worn in the buildings.”
In addition, jackets, sweatshirts, & hoodies should not be worn around the waist. Hoodies and jackets are not allowed in the classroom. Sweaters must be a solid color with no zippers or hoods. Layered shirts under your polo must be a solid color.
All personal grooming items should be kept in your locker. This includes combs, brushes, picks, cologne, lotion, lip gloss, glitter, sprays, etc. Purses and bookbags may not be carried to classrooms.
You may access your locker before school, before lunch, after lunch, and after school. You should not share your locker or your locker combination with anyone. Keep your locker locked and not set to open!
- Students are to bring their binder and school supplies to all of their classes.
- Remember to use Voice Level One during passing time.
- Get all of your forms signed and returned — classroom management forms & AUPs!
- Always carry your planner to class and fill it out completely.
- If it's not your lip gloss, you should not be touching it! If you are taking someone's lip gloss and stomping on it to make it explode, there will be consequences.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎂
Antonyo D. — Justyce W. — Mackenzie M.!
Note: You are now in middle school where we do not wear birthday sashes, crowns, tiaras, headbands, pins, etc. Please do not bring treats to school.
Main Entrée: Pizza Pasta Bake with a Breadstick OR Meatloaf on a Bun
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Cinnamon Rolls
Girls go outside first. Boys go to the cafeteria first.
NO GUM IN THE CAFETERIA!
- Form 2 single-file lines.
- Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
- Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
- Fill up each table.
- Admin will dismiss you by tables when it’s time to throw away your trash and go outside.
- Clean up after yourself and push in your chair.
No food or drinks may be taken out of the cafeteria. You may not eat or drink in the halls or the classrooms.
You should NOT be hanging out in the halls or in the bathrooms. Go directly to lunch! GIRLS go directly outside via the boiler room doors. BOYS go directly to the cafeteria.
HERITAGE BOWL SEMI-FINAL ROUNDS
Today is the semi-final round of the Ernestine Lawrence African-American Heritage Bowl. Today's matches will be:
- White's 5th hr vs Hemstock's 6th hr
- Beebe's 1st hr vs White's 1st hr
- Hamilton's 6th hr vs Hamilton's 1st hr
- Beebe's 3rd hr vs Beebe's 2nd hr
Runners will come for the participants on these teams when it is time for their match. Please do not send anyone down before their time.
5ESSENTIALS SURVEY WINNERS
Congratulations to Charmi M. & Mikya F.! Please see Mrs. Riggins for your gift card. Also, thank your parents for their participation in the survey.
It is extremely important for you to be in attendance at school every day school is in session. The grade level with the highest attendance percentage at the end of the month will win a dress down day.
For the month of February, all students that have perfect attendance for the entire month will be rewarded with a dress down pass!
PUMPED UP PRIDE
Pumped Up PRIDE is back this month! Rewards are hanging up by the cafeteria. You may place PRIDE cards in the reward envelope you hope to win. PRIDE cars will be drawn near the end of the month of February.
Yearbooks are on sale! Don't forget to order your 2019-2020 yearbook! Order forms can be picked up from the Jaguar News in the main lobby, from Ms. Sponsler in room 124A, or from Mrs. Goss-Rodgers in room 123A.
Congratulations to ALL 6th grade Advisory classes! One lucky student from each 6th grade advisory class will win a Laffy Taffy Rope. Great job!
The Valentine's Dance will be held after school from 3-5PM on Friday. Gold level students will pay $2 for admission and blue level students will pay $3. White level students will NOT be allowed to attend the dance. ALL students may pay $1 to dress down on Friday.
REBECCA CAUDILL AWARD COMPETITION
The Rebecca Caudill Award competition will end today. You will begin voting next week on your favorite book only if you qualified by reading three Rebecca Caudill books. Please see Mrs. Groesch if you have any questions or if you need to turn in titles of books you have read.
5TH ANNUAL CENTRAL ILLINOIS ALL STAR GAME
Congratulations to the following 7th and 8th grade boys for being selected for the 5th Annual Central Illinois All Star Game Saturday, February 22nd in Virginia, IL.
7th Grade: Mason Wann & Niri French
8th Grade: Bishop Thomas & Antonyo Davis
Coach Bates has also been selected as Head Coach for the 7th and 8th grade boys City Teams.
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first and ATHLETES second!
All students who plan on going out for a sport this year at JMS must have an updated physical. Please get your physical now so you are allowed to participate & practice.
• 6 Grade Girls' Volleyball - No practice today due to the faculty meeting.
• 7/8 Grade Girls' Volleyball - AWAY games against GMS. 7th grade game is scheduled to begin at 3:30PM. The team bus will leave JMS at 2:30PM.
• 7/8 Grade Boys' Basketball - Complete uniforms must be turned in to Coach Bates immediately.
• Girls' Track - Girls' track & field will start on March 2nd. There are NO tryouts, but you must be academically eligible and have a current athletic physical. There is a list of events outside of room 101. Please see Mr. White in room 101 if you would like to sign up or if you have any questions.
• Track -
We show Jaguar PRIDE!