Tuesday, March 3, 2020
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT ALLOW • IT'S PRIDE DAY EVERYDAY AT JMS ~ LET'S SHOW OUR JAGUAR PRIDE! •
Remember ~ You are in charge of the choices that you make. Your day is what you make it. Let’s make it a great one!
WEEK 28: 03/03-03/06/2020 Self Awareness Skills
I will reflect on the progress I've made during 3rd quarter.
At JMS, we follow and enforce the District Dress Code Policy. Therefore, “hats, caps, bandannas, sweatbands, sunglasses, pajama pants, slippers, or shoes with wheels attached to the bottom shall not be worn in the buildings.”
In addition, jackets, sweatshirts, & hoodies should not be worn around the waist. Hoodies and jackets are not allowed in the classroom. Sweaters must be a solid color with no zippers or hoods. Layered shirts under your polo must be a solid color.
All personal grooming items should be kept in your locker. This includes combs, brushes, picks, cologne, lotion, lip gloss, glitter, sprays, etc. Purses and bookbags may not be carried to classrooms.
You may access your locker before school, before lunch, after lunch, and after school. You should not share your locker or your locker combination with anyone. Keep your locker locked and not set to open!
- Students are to bring their binder and school supplies to all of their classes.
- Remember to use Voice Level One during passing time.
- Get all of your forms signed and returned — classroom management forms & AUPs!
- Always carry your planner to class and fill it out completely.
- If it's not your lip gloss, you should not be touching it! If you are taking someone's lip gloss and stomping on it to make it explode, there will be consequences.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎂
Note: You are now in middle school where we do not wear birthday sashes, crowns, tiaras, headbands, pins, etc. Please do not bring treats to school.
Main Entrée: Cheese Stuffed Shells with Garlic Bread OR Spicy Chicken Strips with Garlic Bread
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Fruit & Yogurt Parfait with Granola
Girls go outside first. Boys go to the cafeteria first.
NO GUM IN THE CAFETERIA!
- Form 2 single-file lines.
- Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
- Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
- Fill up each table.
- Admin will dismiss you by tables when it’s time to throw away your trash and go outside.
- Clean up after yourself and push in your chair.
No food or drinks may be taken out of the cafeteria. You may not eat or drink in the halls or the classrooms.
You should NOT be hanging out in the halls or in the bathrooms. Go directly to lunch! GIRLS go directly outside via the boiler room doors. BOYS go directly to the cafeteria.
TEXAS ROADHOUSE DINE TO DONATE
Calling all Jaguars! Come to Texas Roadhouse tonight for a delicious meal and help out our school at the same time. Kids Night activities of crafts, face painting, coloring sheets, and ice cream sundaes will be available from 4-8PM.
- Where: Texas Roadhouse
- When: Tonight - Tuesday, March 3rd
- Time: 3-10PM
Tell your server that you are supporting Jefferson Middle School and Texas Roadhouse will donate no less than 10% of your total food purchases to our school!
Remember ~ you MUST drop your itemized meal receipt in the metal box located by the restaurant's front doors the night of the event in order to be included in the donation!
It is extremely important for you to be in attendance at school every day school is in session.
For the month of February, all students that had perfect attendance for the entire month will be rewarded with a dress down pass for tomorrow! Your advisory teacher has your wristband. If you have any questions about your attendance, see Mrs. Mills in the cafeteria during your lunch shift today.
Welcome to March Madness! Check out the brackets in the 1st floor main hall outside of the nurse's office. You will be competing against other advisory classes for the best attendance. Prizes will be awarded along the way throughout the month of March.
PUMPED UP PRIDE
Congratulaions to our first group of Pumped Up PRIDE winners! You will be contacted by the sponsoring teacher with instructions on how to collect your prize.
- Soda & Chips from Mr. White - Dominick R., Liam T., Kirah W., & Chardae H.
- Popeye's Gift Card from Mrs. Constant - Daryion B. & Josiah R.
- School Supplies from Mrs. Mayfield - Amir W.
- Valentine's Bag from Mrs. Constant - Chardae H.
- Gel Pens from Mrs. Jimerson - Arianna L.
- Binder from Mrs. Mills - Carson S.
Yearbooks are on sale! Don't forget to order your 2019-2020 yearbook! Order forms can be picked up from the Jaguar News in the main lobby, from Ms. Sponsler in room 124A, or from Mrs. Goss-Rodgers in room 123A.
REBECCA CAUDILL PARTY
The Rebecca Caudill competition is now over. The Rebecca Caudill party for those who qualified will be held on Thursday. You will receive a pass from your literature teacher the day before the party. Please keep it with you in a safe place as you will need to bring it with you to lunch on Thursday. Congratulations to all who read at least three of the books!
IAR/ISA TEST INFO
We will be preparing for the IAR & ISA tests in the next few weeks. Please be advised that NO phones or smart watches will be allowed in class during test sessions. You will put your name on a sticky note and place the device in a bag. Your device will be returned to you at the end of the test session. If you do not want to place your device in a bag in the classroom, you should either leave the device at home or in your locked locker. This is madated by the State Board of Education.
8TH GRADE T-SHIRTS
Order forms for this year's 8th grade t-shirt are availlable in the Jaguar News in the main lobby. All order forms and money must be turned in by March 12th.
No IMSA Today.
Today's matches have been cancelled.
Jazz band practice from 2:30-4:15PM in room 122. This is a mandatory FULL BAND practice.
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first and ATHLETES second!
All students who plan on going out for a sport this year at JMS must have an updated physical. Please get your physical now so you are allowed to participate & practice.
• 6 Grade Girls' Volleyball - Practice today from 2:40-4PM.
• 8 Grade Girls' Volleyball - Practice today from 5-6:15PM. Regional game on Saturday at 10:15AM at FMS against LMS/BC.
• Girls' Track - Practice today from 2:30-4:15PM. Please be sure you know your actvitiy bus number before you come to practice!
• Track -
We show Jaguar PRIDE!