Thursday, March 5, 2020
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT ALLOW • IT'S PRIDE DAY EVERYDAY AT JMS ~ LET'S SHOW OUR JAGUAR PRIDE! •
Remember ~ You are in charge of the choices that you make. Your day is what you make it. Let’s make it a great one!
WEEK 28: 03/03-03/06/2020 Self Awareness Skills
I will reflect on the progress I've made during 3rd quarter.
At JMS, we follow and enforce the District Dress Code Policy. Therefore, “hats, caps, bandannas, sweatbands, sunglasses, pajama pants, slippers, or shoes with wheels attached to the bottom shall not be worn in the buildings.”
In addition, jackets, sweatshirts, & hoodies should not be worn around the waist. Hoodies and jackets are not allowed in the classroom. Sweaters must be a solid color with no zippers or hoods. Layered shirts under your polo must be a solid color.
All personal grooming items should be kept in your locker. This includes combs, brushes, picks, cologne, lotion, lip gloss, glitter, sprays, etc. Purses and bookbags may not be carried to classrooms.
You may access your locker before school, before lunch, after lunch, and after school. You should not share your locker or your locker combination with anyone. Keep your locker locked and not set to open!
- Students are to bring their binder and school supplies to all of their classes.
- Remember to use Voice Level One during passing time.
- Get all of your forms signed and returned — classroom management forms & AUPs!
- Always carry your planner to class and fill it out completely.
- If it's not your lip gloss, you should not be touching it! If you are taking someone's lip gloss and stomping on it to make it explode, there will be consequences.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎂
MJ N. — Julian E.!
Note: You are now in middle school where we do not wear birthday sashes, crowns, tiaras, headbands, pins, etc. Please do not bring treats to school.
Main Entrée: Homemade Meatloaf with a Breadstick OR Homestyle Macaroni & Cheese with a Breadstick
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Cereal Bars
Girls go outside first. Boys go to the cafeteria first.
NO GUM IN THE CAFETERIA!
- Form 2 single-file lines.
- Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
- Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
- Fill up each table.
- Admin will dismiss you by tables when it’s time to throw away your trash and go outside.
- Clean up after yourself and push in your chair.
No food or drinks may be taken out of the cafeteria. You may not eat or drink in the halls or the classrooms.
You should NOT be hanging out in the halls or in the bathrooms. Go directly to lunch! GIRLS go directly outside via the boiler room doors. BOYS go directly to the cafeteria.
It is extremely important for you to be in attendance at school every day school is in session.
Welcome to March Madness! Check out the brackets in the 1st floor main hall outside of the nurse's office. You will be competing against other advisory classes for the best attendance. Prizes will be awarded along the way throughout the month of March.
PUMPED UP PRIDE
Congratulaions to our next group of Pumped Up PRIDE winners! You will be contacted by the sponsoring teacher with instructions on how to collect your prize.
- Donuts from Mrs. Beebe - Liam T., Robby A., Andreas M., Kristen F., Chasity P., Devin N-M, Isaac L., Lyric M., Aaliyah W., Aurelia R., Mickeytra S., Pyper W.
- Fortnite Sweatshire from Mrs. S. Gephart - Caydance S.
- Art Basket from Mrs. S. Gephart - Charmi M.
- Coloring Book Set from Mrs. Constant - Chardae H.
Yearbooks are on sale! Don't forget to order your 2019-2020 yearbook! Order forms can be picked up from the Jaguar News in the main lobby, from Ms. Sponsler in room 124A, or from Mrs. Goss-Rodgers in room 123A.
REBECCA CAUDILL PARTY
The Rebecca Caudill competition is now over. The Rebecca Caudill party for those who qualified will be held today. You should have received a pass from your literature teacher. Please keep it with you in a safe place as you will need to bring it with you to lunch today. Congratulations to all who read at least three of the books!
IAR/ISA TEST INFO
We will be preparing for the IAR & ISA tests in the next few weeks. Please be advised that NO phones or smart watches will be allowed in class during test sessions. You will put your name on a sticky note and place the device in a bag. Your device will be returned to you at the end of the test session. If you do not want to place your device in a bag in the classroom, you should either leave the device at home or in your locked locker. This is madated by the State Board of Education.
8TH GRADE T-SHIRTS
Order forms for this year's 8th grade t-shirt are availlable in the Jaguar News in the main lobby. All order forms and money must be turned in by next Thursday.
JAZZ BAND PRACTICE
The entire Jazz Band will have practice today after school from 2:30-4:15PM. This is a mandatory practice for the full band.
ADVISORY PRIDE CARD PULL
Congratulations to the 7th grade Advisory classes! One lucky winner from each 7th grade class will win a ring pop.
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first and ATHLETES second!
All students who plan on going out for a sport this year at JMS must have an updated physical. Please get your physical now so you are allowed to participate & practice.
• 6 Grade Girls' Volleyball - Practice today from 2:40-4PM.
• 8 Grade Girls' Volleyball - NO PRACTICE TODAY. Regional game on Saturday at 10:15AM at FMS against LMS/BC.
• Girls' Track - Practice today from 2:30-4:15PM.
• Boys' Track - Practice today from 2:30-4PM.
• SSHS Cheer Clinic & Tryouts - If you are interested in trying out for the SSHS cheer squad for next year, there is a tryout prep clinic on March 14th from 2-6PM in the SSHS gym. The cost is $5 and can be paid in advance at Southeast HS or on the day of the clinic. You should wear a t-shirt with leggings or shorts and cheer or gym shoes. Cheer tryouts will be March 26th through March 28th.
We show Jaguar PRIDE!