Thursday, March 12, 2020
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT ALLOW • IT'S PRIDE DAY EVERYDAY AT JMS ~ LET'S SHOW OUR JAGUAR PRIDE! •
Remember ~ You are in charge of the choices that you make. Your day is what you make it. Let’s make it a great one!
WEEK 29: 03/09-03/13/2020 Social Awareness Skills
How can we agree or disagree respectfully in discussions?
At JMS, we follow and enforce the District Dress Code Policy. Therefore, “hats, caps, bandannas, sweatbands, sunglasses, pajama pants, slippers, or shoes with wheels attached to the bottom shall not be worn in the buildings.”
In addition, jackets, sweatshirts, & hoodies should not be worn around the waist. Hoodies and jackets are not allowed in the classroom. Sweaters must be a solid color with no zippers or hoods. Layered shirts under your polo must be a solid color.
All personal grooming items should be kept in your locker. This includes combs, brushes, picks, cologne, lotion, lip gloss, glitter, sprays, etc. Purses and bookbags may not be carried to classrooms.
You may access your locker before school, before lunch, after lunch, and after school. You should not share your locker or your locker combination with anyone. Keep your locker locked and not set to open!
- Students are to bring their binder and school supplies to all of their classes.
- Remember to use Voice Level One during passing time.
- Get all of your forms signed and returned — classroom management forms & AUPs!
- Always carry your planner to class and fill it out completely.
- If it's not your lip gloss, you should not be touching it! If you are taking someone's lip gloss and stomping on it to make it explode, there will be consequences.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎂
Note: You are now in middle school where we do not wear birthday sashes, crowns, tiaras, headbands, pins, etc. Please do not bring treats to school.
Main Entrée: Chicken Fajita Or Taco Burger on a Bun
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Donuts
Girls go outside first. Boys go to the cafeteria first.
NO GUM IN THE CAFETERIA!
- Form 2 single-file lines.
- Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
- Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
- Fill up each table.
- Admin will dismiss you by tables when it’s time to throw away your trash and go outside.
- Clean up after yourself and push in your chair.
No food or drinks may be taken out of the cafeteria. You may not eat or drink in the halls or the classrooms.
You should NOT be hanging out in the halls or in the bathrooms. Go directly to lunch! GIRLS go directly outside via the boiler room doors. BOYS go directly to the cafeteria.
ADVISORY PRIDE CARDS
Congratulations to the following advisory classes:
- Mr. Lowy
- Mrs. Goss-Rodgers
- Ms. Harrison
- Ms. Berger
- Mr. Daugherty
- Mrs. Davis
One lucky winner from each of those classes will receive a FREE Skateland pass!
It is extremely important for you to be in attendance at school every day school is in session.
Welcome to March Madness! Check out the brackets in the 1st floor main hall outside of the nurse's office. You will be competing against other advisory classes for the best attendance. Prizes will be awarded along the way throughout the month of March.
Yearbooks are on sale! Don't forget to order your 2019-2020 yearbook! Order forms can be picked up from the Jaguar News in the main lobby, from Ms. Sponsler in room 124A, or from Mrs. Goss-Rodgers in room 123A.
YEARBOOK STAFF MEETING
The yearbook staff will meet today after school from 2:30-4PM in room 116.
The jazz band will practice today after school from 2:30-4:15PM in room 122 for DRUMMERS ONLY!
DISTRICT ART GALLERY RECEPTION
Tonight is the District Art Gallery Reception at Grant Middle School. Congratulations to Braydon D. for having his outstanding artwork chosen to be displaced at tonight's reception!
IAR/ISA TEST INFO
We will be preparing for the IAR & ISA tests in the next few weeks. Please be advised that NO phones or smart watches will be allowed in class during test sessions. You will put your name on a sticky note and place the device in a bag. Your device will be returned to you at the end of the test session. If you do not want to place your device in a bag in the classroom, you should either leave the device at home or in your locked locker. This is madated by the State Board of Education.
8TH GRADE T-SHIRTS
Order forms for this year's 8th grade t-shirt are availlable in the Jaguar News in the main lobby. All order forms and money must be turned in today.
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first and ATHLETES second!
All students who plan on going out for a sport this year at JMS must have an updated physical. Please get your physical now so you are allowed to participate & practice.
ALL SPORTS' PRACTICES HAVE BEEN CANCELLED FOR TODAY DUE TO THE AVID INTERVIEWS BEING HELD IN THE GYM TODAY.
• 6 Grade Girls' Volleyball -
• Girls' Track -
• Boys' Track -
• SSHS Cheer Clinic & Tryouts - If you are interested in trying out for the SSHS cheer squad for next year, there is a tryout prep clinic on March 14th from 2-6PM in the SSHS gym. The cost is $5 and can be paid in advance at Southeast HS or on the day of the clinic. You should wear a t-shirt with leggings or shorts and cheer or gym shoes. Cheer tryouts will be March 26th through March 28th.
We show Jaguar PRIDE!