Schedule for Returning Chromebooks, iPads, and Hot Spots
Returning Chromebooks, iPads, & Hot Spots
The end of the 2020-2021 school year is coming to a close. The last day of school is Wednesday, June 2, 2021.
All District 186 student devices - Chromebooks, iPads, Hot Spots, etc. - with their power cords must be returned to Jefferson Middle School on the following days:
- Thursday - June 3, 2021 from 8AM-6PM
- Friday - June 4, 2021 from 9AM-2PM
Please read the following:
- All devices must be fully charged.
- Each device must be returned with its charger.
- Families will be charged for any items not returned or for those items that are returned damaged.
- Students will be keeping the device carrying bag for the next school year unless they are in 5th grade, 12th grade, or they are not returning to the school district.
Please be prepared to wait in line for a period of time.
- Parents/Guardians AND students will be asked to remain in their cars.
- Please enter Jefferson's main parking lot from the bus lane on Allis Street where you will be greeted by JMS staff members. If you are returning band instruments, library books, or textbooks you will be able to give those to a JMS staff member at that time.
- You will advance to the first station where you will be asked for your student's name. A stickie note with your student's name will be stuck on the car window for identification purposes.
- You will then be asked to power on the device. A staff member will examine the device for damages. Next you will be asked for the power cord for each device.
- The staff member will direct you to the next station where you will wait for your receipt. Please do not leave before you have received your receipt.
- After the device is checked in, a staff member will bring you your receipt. If your student has personal belongings or awards to pick up, they will be delivered to your car.
- You will then exit the parking lot.