Good morning, today is Monday, April 16, and it is a B day.
The District 186 All City Music Festival is Tuesday, April 17th at Sangamon Auditorium on the Campus of UIS. Here is some important information from Mrs. Gilmore:
1. Participating students should be dropped off no later than 6:15 p.m. at the Stage Door, which is located on the south side of the auditorium. Parents should park in designated parking lots A, B, C- North, D, F, G and I. (Do not park in lot E). Be sure not to park in lots that require a parking sticker. The doors to the auditorium will open around 6:40 p.m. Parents are welcome to wait in the lobby. Middle school band students with small instruments should leave their cases with the parents and report to the stage. Large instrument cases should be left back stage. Middle and high school choir students should report to the orchestra section of the auditorium.
2. All students will be participating in the finale. All students will rehearse the finale at 6:15 p.m. on April 17.
3. Required dress for all groups is white shirt/blouse and black or dark slacks or pants. Black skirts are permitted with black leggings or tights. No flip flops or gym shoes. Sweaters, scarves or jackets used as accessories must be white. Clothing and accessories must be within the District 186 dress code.
4. The concert is free and open to the public. Photography is encouraged.
5. Please pay close attention to the parking lot you choose to park in at UIS. April 17 is a night when students will be attending classes and if you park in a lot that requires a parking sticker, you could be subject to a ticket. Parents should park in designated parking lots A, B, C- North, D, F, G and I. (Do not park in lot E). Be sure not to park in lots that require a parking sticker.
6. The All City Music Festival begins at 7:00 p.m. and should conclude around 8:30 p.m.
2012-2013 Scarlet Line Poms Squad Tryouts (Information is available on the activity table in the main hallway)
Last year, the Springfield High School Scarlet Line placed 6th in state competition, performed at City Tournament, marched in Disney World, started a junior varsity team, and entertained at home athletic events! We are now in the process of planning for next season. Tryouts for the 2012-2013 SHS Poms will be held at Springfield High School the week of April 23rd ��“ April 27th. Clinics will begin around 4:00 p.m. and will dismiss at 6:00 p.m. Clinics are closed to spectators. Tryouts will be judged on Friday, April 27th. More specific details will be discussed on April 23rd with the team candidates. Application packets are now available on the Springfield High School website or in the SHS main office. Contact Coach Kramer at shsScarletLine@gmail.com or check out the team blog at www.shsScarletLine.webs.com
Lanphier High School Pom Squad: Any student interested in trying our for the 2012-2013 Lanphier High School Pom Squad must attend the informational meeting on April 17 at 6:00 p.m. in the Lanphier High School Commons. Informational packets are available on the activity table in the main hallway.
4/16 - MANDATORY practice for competitors only at SE
4/17 - Meet @ Springfield HS start time: 3:30
4/18 - Meet @ SEHS start time: 4:00
4/19 - Practice for the entire team at LMS
Cosmos Club Information:
April 18- regular meeting
May 2- regular meeting
May 11- SAS Star Party- (same place as last fall)
May 16- final meeting of the year!
April 16- MANDATORY Track practice for competitors only at SE 2:30-4:00 pm
BETA meeting 2:30-4:00 pm
April 17- Track Meet @ Springfield HS start time: 3:30 pm
Show Choir 2:30-4:00 pm
All City Music Festival @ Sangamon Auditorium 7:00 pm
April 18- Track Meet @ SEHS 4:00 pm
Jazz Band 2:30-4:00 pm
Cosmos Club 2:30-4:00 pm
April 19- Track Practice for the entire team at LMS 2:30-4:00 pm
Scholastic Bowl practice 2:30-4:00 pm
April 20- IMSA 2:30-4:00 pm