Hola Leopards!! Today is Wednesday, October 7th
Welcoming Ritual: How do you feel about Hump Day? Are you glad it's the middle of the week, or would you like to start this week over? :)
Cross Country: Reminder: Today’s Cross Country Meet at Lincoln Park begins at 3:45pm. Please make note of the time change. Runners please arrive by 3:15pm. We will have a costume practice with sprints and ladders tomorrow from 3-4pm at Lincoln Park.
Tardies: ATTENTION STUDENTS— It is a requirement to get to class on time. Students should log-in and be ready for learning at least a 1-2 minutes before your scheduled class time. You should have your camera on the whole time and your face present in the camera, with sound muted. We have already started writing referrals for tardies, so please remember if it won't work in school, it won't work on Zoom.
Girls Basketball: Due to COVID-19, the IESA Girls Basketball Season has been pushed back to begin in March 2021. We will conduct some open gyms, but not until the start of next year. Rest up girls, and fingers crossed we will get to have a season!
Boys Basketball: Due to COVID-19, the IESA Boys Basketball Season has been pushed back to begin in January 2021. We will conduct some open gyms, but not until December, and possibly over winter break. Rest up boys, and fingers crossed we will get to have a season!
- Remote Learning Family Support Trainings: The School District if offerring support and trainings on various topics to help our families during these Remote Learning Times. Please see the information below, as well as the flyer on our main page to get signed up in advance. Any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thursday, Oct. 8th- Managing Frustrations and Stress during these times. Begins @6:30pm
- Tuesday, Oct. 13th- Canvas for Families @6:30pm
- Thursday, Oct. 22nd- Supporting your student Emotionally during these times. Begins @6:30pm
- Thursday, Oct. 29th- Balancing Work, Remote Learning, Rest & Play @6:30pm
National Calendar Day: Today is "National Pumpkin See Day" The first Wednesday in October offers up the seasonal delight, National Pumpkin Seed Day! As the temperatures cool and the leaves turn, snack on these delicious tidbits. Surprisingly, pumpkin seeds have been valued for their dietary and medicinal properties for thousands of years. In fact, pumpkin seeds have been traced back as far as 7000 BC, according to archeologists excavating a tomb in central Mexico.
- National Chocolate Covered Pretzel Day
- National Inner Beauty Day
- National Frappe Day
- National Walk to School Day (we miss you all walking to school :)
Wednesday, Oct. 7th
Cross Country Meet @3:45pm- Lincoln Park (Arrive by 3:15)
Thursday, Oct. 8th
District Parent Zoom- Managing Frustrations and Stress during these times @6:30pm
Cross Country Costume Practice @3-4pm- Lincoln Park