Good Morning Leopards!! Today is Wednesday, October 14th
Happy Birthday today to Darianna C. & Kenyon G! Enjoy your day!!
Welcoming Ritual: Today is National Stop Bullying Day! What do you feel is the best way to stop a bully from hurting you or others?
SAEBRS: This week LMS students will take the SAEBRS screener on their laptop in their PE classes. As mentioned last week in our parent email, this screener will help us identify which students may be in need of extra social and emotional support in order to be most successful at LMS. All students should have received an email from Principal Heyen on Friday with their username and password. If your student did not receive an email from Principal Heyen please contact our main office.
Zoom Expectations: A few reminders that on Zoom you must have your first and last name, typed correctly, in order to be let into the classroom. Please do not use other names or you will not be let in for safety and security reasons. If you need help changing your name, contact Mr. VanDerSlik at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also....
- Have your camera on at all times
- Have your face int he camera at all times
- Sitting up with a laptop on a hard surface
- Participate :)
Scholastic Bowl: Scholastic Bowl is preparing to start!! If you are interested in being a part of the team, please send sign up via this Google form. You will need to be signed into Google with your district log-in and only complete the form once. See Mrs. Lott with questions. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1eX7x-kw0c4QvgDVZ4FhOJiR3kUayojJwhBE8Wd0c2GU/edit
- Remote Learning Family Support Trainings: The School District if offering support and trainings on various topics to help our families during these Remote Learning Times. Please see the information below, as well as the flyer on our main page to get signed up in advance. Any questions please email email@example.com.
- Thursday, Oct. 22nd- Supporting your student Emotionally during these times. Begins @6:30pm
- Thursday, Oct. 29th- Balancing Work, Remote Learning, Rest & Play @6:30pm
National Calendar Day: Today is "National Stop Bullying Day". National Stop Bullying Day on the second Wednesday in October brings together students, faculty, and parents to end bullying. This annual designation promotes standing up against and put an end to bullying. No child should be afraid to ride a bus or go to school because a classmate threatens them. Children who have been bullied should also feel they can report the incident without repercussions.
"National Bring your TeddyBear to School Day" Teddy Bears provide comfort. Many of us have a childhood bear we snuggled up with when we were ill or scared. They were companions. Most Teddy Bears are the perfect size for children to hug at night while they drift off to sleep. They fit neatly into their tiny arms.
Thursday, Oct. 15th
Cross Country Practice @3-4pm- Lincoln Park
Friday, Oct. 16th
Cross Country Sectionals at Lincoln Park- Girls @4:30pm, Boys @5:30pm