Good Morning!! Today is Monday, October 19th and it's a great day for testing!!
Happy Birthday from over the weekend to David G. (10/17) and Brant M. (10/18). Hope you enjoyed your special day!!
Shout It Out..... Today's Shout Out goes to... Mrs. Webster and Mrs. Ballenger for their help at our Cross Country Sectional Meet last week. A big THANK YOU to them for taking time out of their Friday to be with us in the cold :-)
Welcoming Ritual: How did you prepare for MAP testing today? Did you get a good nights rest? Eat a good breakfast? Take the practice test?
MAP TESTING: Our entire school will be MAP testing TODAY and next Monday, Oct. 26th. Students will report to their literature class at 8:00am on ZOOM today. Teachers will give instructions ont he Zoom, and then students will begin the test from there. Students will not have any other new assignments given on these next two Mondays. Remember this is a non-high stakes test, meaning do your best, and do it honestly! We are encouraging for those with missing assignments to complete work, but if you a student who is up-to-date on things, enjoy the day off after testing! Refer to your teachers Canvas page for more information. Good Luck Leopards!!
- Reading MAP Test- October 19th- Report to Literature Class on Zoom @8am
- Math MAP Test- October 26th- Report to your Math Class on Zoom @8am
Cross Country: Congratulations to our Leopards for a great performance at the Sectional at Lincoln Park. Thanks to all who assisted and volunteered. It was a very well-run meet!
Congratulations to runners who posted personal records: Luke M, Aj H, Clayton B, Levi F, Alex H, Kirsten G, and Elizabeth M. Congratulations to the 10th Place Medalist, Luke M.
We are very proud of our team! You had a great season and please get those uniforms turned in as soon as possible to the Mrs. Lott at the school.
FREE HOMEWORK PASSES: Sounds exciting right?!?!... Here is how you can earn one:
- Any student who has no failing grades on their report card at the end of the quarter (which is THIS Friday) will receive one virtual free homework pass. This means that Mrs. Sevener will send you an electronic homework pass to use in any one class you would like. This homework pass does have some stipulations, such as can not be used on tests or quizzes, but it's also at the discretion of the teacher on what you can and can not use your homework pass, for ask in advance :)
Zoom Expectations: A few reminders that on Zoom you must have your first and last name, typed correctly, in order to be let into the classroom. Please do not use other names or you will not be let in for safety and security reasons. If you need help changing your name, contact Mr. VanDerSlik at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also....
- Have your camera on at all times
- Have your face int he camera at all times
- Sitting up with a laptop on a hard surface
- Participate :)
- Remote Learning Family Support Trainings: The School District if offering support and trainings on various topics to help our families during these Remote Learning Times. Please see the information below, as well as the flyer on our main page to get signed up in advance. Any questions please email email@example.com.
- Thursday, Oct. 22nd- Supporting your student Emotionally during these times. Begins @6:30pm
- Thursday, Oct. 29th- Balancing Work, Remote Learning, Rest & Play @6:30pm
National Calendar Day: Today is "National Clean you Virtual Desktop Day". National Clean Your Virtual Desktop Day encourages everyone to take time to organize their virtual desktop. The observance takes place on the third Monday in October. A clean and organized space offers fewer frustrations. Everything is in its file and you know where to find it. Archive old files. Create short cuts. This will help your computer run faster and help you find them more quickly. Pin favorite apps to the start menu.
Monday, Oct. 17th
MAP Testing @8:00am- Do your best!!
Friday, Oct. 23rd
End of 1st Quarter