The DIBELS assessment is given to students three times a year; fall, winter, and spring. The DIBELS assessment allows us to measure many different aspects of reading, including how fluently a child is reading and how well each reader can retell what he or she has read. At kindergarten and first grade, the test focuses on skills such as initial sound and nonsense word fluency. We will use students' DIBELS scores to target instruction to meet the specific needs of our students. Owen Marsh increased the number of students who met their grade level goal increased by 3%! A summary of improvements from the beginning of the year to January is listed below.
* Kindergarten students at benchmark increased from 76%-88%.
* First grade students at benchmark increased from 78%-81%.
* Second grade students at benchmark increased from 70%-73%.
* Third grade students at benchmark increased from 61-73%.
* Fourth grade students at benchmark increased from 63%-66%.
* Fifth grade students at benchmark increased from 70%-76%.
We are so excited at the hard work by all the teachers, parents, and students! There will be a Mystery DIBELS Celebration on Monday for all of our students!