January 7, 2021 1 photo
Spring Learning Togethers
We will continue Virtual Learning Togethers for the second semester. Our Virtual Learning Togethers will be from 10:00am-11:00am. Your Home Visitor will discuss details and share the link to participate. These virtual groups will give everyone a chance to learn and play together. Please see below for a list of dates for upcoming vitual group opportunities.
Parenting is hard work! Springfield School District 186 is offering a series of online interactive trainings to help families. The recorded sessions can be found on the District 186 Website HERE.
Halloween Tips from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Steps to Take when Trick or Treating
Make trick-or-treating safer
- Avoid direct contact with trick-or-treaters.
- Give out treats outdoors, if possible.
- Set up a station with individually bagged treats for kids to take.
- Wash hands before handling treats.
- Wear a mask.
Wear a mask
- Make your cloth mask part of your costume.
- A costume mask is not a substitute for a cloth mask.
- Do NOT wear a costume mask over a cloth mask. It can make breathing more difficult.
- Masks should NOT be worn by children under the age of 2 or anyone who has trouble breathing
Stay at least 6 feet away from others who do not live with you
- Indoors and outdoors, you are more likely to get or spread COVID-19 when you are in close contact with others for a long time.
Wash your hands
- Bring hand sanitizer with you and use it after touching objects or other people.
- Use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Parents: supervise young children using hand sanitizer.
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds when you get home and before you eat any treats.
Steps to Take for Other Halloween Activities
Enjoy Halloween activities and take steps to protect yourself from getting or spreading COVID-19.
Remember to always
- Wear a cloth mask
- Indoors and outdoors, stay at least 6 feet away from others who do not live with you
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer frequently
Decorate and carve pumpkins
- Decorate your home for Halloween.
- Carve pumpkins with members of your household or outside with neighbors or friends.
- Walk from house to house, admiring Halloween decorations at a distance.
Visit an orchard, forest, or corn maze. Attend a scavenger hunt.
- Go on an outdoor Halloween-themed scavenger hunt.
- Visit a pumpkin patch or orchard. Remember to wash your hands or use hand sanitizer frequently, especially after touching frequently touched surfaces, pumpkins, or apples.
- Go to a one-way, walk-through haunted forest or corn maze.
- Hide Halloween treats in and around your house. Hold a Halloween treat hunt with household members.
- Hold an outdoor costume parade or contest so everyone can show off their costumes.
- Host an outdoor Halloween movie night with friends or neighbors or an indoor movie night with your household members.
Springfield School District 186 Parents as Teachers Earns Blue Ribbon Designation
Earlier this year, Springfield School District 186 Parents as Teachers program completed the Parents as Teachers Quality Endorsement and Improvement Process and earned the highest designation: Blue Ribbon Affiliate status. Being named a Blue Ribbon Affiliate affirms that Springfield School District 186 Parents as Teachers is among the highest quality members of the home visitation and parent education field, implementing the evidence-based Parents as Teachers model with fidelity and quality.
Virtual Groups will begin on October 29th!
We are missing you all so much and want to provide everyone a chance to learn together. We will start Virtual Learning Togethers on October 29th at 10:30am. Your Home Visitor will discuss details and share the link to participate. These virtual groups will give everyone a chance to learn and play together. Come join the fun and meet new friends! Please see below for a list of dates and times for upcoming vitual group opportunities.
- October 29th 10:30am
- November 5th 10:30am
- November 19th 10:30am
- December 3rd 10:30am
- December 17th 10:30am
We hope to see you at one, several, or all of these groups!
Virtual Visits are taking place!!
We are excited to continue to offer virtual visits for all of our enrolled families! Home Visitors are working diligently to continue to meet the needs of families during this unprecedented time. If you're interested in joining our program, please call 525-3315.