How does one even begin to thank the countless people who worked to make this year’s Chili Supper such a huge success? We’d like to thank the local businesses and Sandburg families who donated raffle prizes, food items, their time and talents; the volunteers who set up, cleaned up, worked games, and prepared food; community members and families who purchased meal tickets, game tickets and auction basket tickets. Without all of your support and each of us working together, we couldn’t have had such a successful fundraiser. This year’s Chili Supper raised close to $6,000 for our school!
Here are just a few things that funds from previous Chili Suppers have purchased:
- security radios for each of our classrooms.
- the landscaping border by the front walk.
- a Brain Pop website subscription.
- a subscription to the website Spelling City.
- more than 20 iPads for student use.
- more than 30 laptops for student use.
- Several Apple TVs for classroom use.
- snacks for students during IAR testing.
- materials for all of our Family Nights.
- the Barnes & Noble summer reader trip.
- the limo ride for 5th grade good citizens.
- the star climber on the playground.
- the main piece of playground equipment.
- the rock wall & glider on the playground.
- countless field trips for our students.
- benches / picnic tables on the playground.
- listening centers in kindergarten
- classroom carpets for all classrooms.
- over 5,000 books in the Sandburg library.
- “just right books” guided reading books.
- a birthday book for every child at school.
- a new laminator for our school.
- a new copy machine for our school.
- countless good citizen events.
- good citizen ribbons every quarter.
Funds from this year’s Chili Supper will be used to purchase materials, technology, books, and a myriad of other items to enhance the education of the boys and girls at Sandburg School. Thanks to each of you for your support! Our students and staff are grateful to you!