Welcome Southern View families,
Thank you for helping make our first day of the 2008-2009 school year successful. Students were here on time and ready to learn thanks to your hard work and dedication to your child's academic success. School dismisses at 2:30 for this week only. Please remember to thank our warm caring staff for their hard work.
To keep our year running smoothly and increase student success, we ask that you remember the following:
• Students may come to school beginning at 8:40 AM. For safety reasons, we ask that the come no earlier than 8:40 AM because the playground is unattended until then.
• Students need to be in classrooms at 8:55 AM and ready to learn.
• When dropping students off or picking students up, please do not block the bus lane. We also ask that you do not have your child cross the street by the front door. This is not safe. Please drive to the end of the road and turn around so that the passenger side is nearest to the school's front door. Thank you for honoring this procedure.
• Please pick your child up promptly at 3:30 when the dismissal bell rings.
• Please make sure you check your child's bookbag, planners, and Tuesday and Thursday folders.
• Check the website for upcoming events and important information.
Thank you again for your cooperation and assistance in working together to achieve outstanding results for Southern View Elementary.