Short Story Schedule
Each MONDAY students will be assigned a new short story. The folllowing elements are due the next day TUESDAY by 11:59 pm to receive FULL CREDIT.
- Save story in your HOME/LITERATURE file
- Circle answers with a different color.
- With same color, annotate evidence.
- Upload completed story/questions/annotations in GOOGLE CLASSROOM
- Complete ON-LINE test (found on district Intranet)
- READ story to adult and fill out signature sheet. Will be checked in class WEDNESDAY morning.
Ms. Wright's CORNERSTONE PHILOSOPHY
In our classroom, we follow the philosophy of Love and Logic. Love and Logic philosophy is based upon leading with empathy and stenghthening our student's problem-solving skills to maximize learning time. Love and Logic is written by Jim Fay and David Funk.
The following are the components of Love and Logic.
* I will treat you with respect, so you will know how to treat me.
* Feef free to do anything that doesn't cause a problem for anyone else.
* If you caus a problem, I will ask you to solve it.
* If you cant' solve the problem, I will ask you to solve it.
* If you can't solve the problem or choose not to, I will do something.
* What I do, will depend on the special person and the special situation.
* I you feel something is unfair, whisper to me, "I'm not sure that''s fair," and we will talk privately.
Additionally, we encourage our students to follow "Grace and Courtesy." Showing
Grace is RESPECTING YOURSELF
Courtesy is RESPECTING OTHERS