COVID-19 Athletic Changes
Governor Prtizker has closed all public and private schools in the State of Illinois beginning March 17, 2020 through March 30, 2020. In his statement the Governor addresses school activities with the following statement, “All in-person school sponsored activities that are scheduled during the statewide school closure are suspended until school resumes.” This changes the course District #186 had planned for running spring sports practices and games as scheduled. Beginning Monday March 16, 2020 all spring athletics will be suspended through March 30, 2020. The following information is important for all of your coaches, spring athletes, and families of athletes to know.
- Teams will not be allowed to practice at the school or have organized practices led by coaches offsite.
- All competitions scheduled from Monday March 16, 2020 through March 30, 2020 will be postponed, to be rescheduled as time in the season allows.
- The priority for rescheduled games will be with conference games.
- All water jugs, water bottles,towels and other shared equipment must be sanitized prior to teams returning on March 31, 2020.
- Student athletes cannot participate in Club/AAU team competition or practices during this suspension of IHSA and IESA sports. If they do partiipate in Club/AAU team activities they risk their eligibility for the IHSA and IESA seasons when they resume.
District 186 Athletic Directors
Lanphier - Chris Hampsey- 525-3080
Southeast - Fred Devoe - 525-3130
Springfield - Lori Smith - 525-3100
Franklin - Theresa Greco 525-3164
Grant - Brian Hoffek 525-3170
Jefferson - Jeff Thomas 585-5810
Lincoln - Serita Lott 525-3236
Washington - Drew Richardson 525-3180